Shoulder Replacement Surgery
In this surgery the ends of the damaged upper arm or shoulder bone are replaced with artificial surfaces lined with plastic or metal. Shoulder joint components may or may not be cemented.
When do you need a shoulder replacement surgery?
You will need a shoulder replacement surgery when your shoulder pain become severe and when medicines and other treatments are no longer able to relieve pain.
Shoulder replacement may not be recommended for people who
- Have poor health and may not be able to tolerate anesthesia.
- Have an active infection or are at risk for it
- Have osteoporosis.
- Have severe weakness of or damage to the muscles around the shoulder area
What are the risks of shoulder replacement surgery>
- Blood clots
- Infection in the surgical wound or in the joint
- Nerve injury
- Problems with wound healing
- Lack of good range of motion
Next Step For Shoulder Replacement Treatment
- Contact us now by filling up our enquiry form. Please make sure you attach the relevant reports for us to assess your case.
- After assessing your case we will contact you with a treatment plan and the associated cost estimate.
- Once you have decided to go ahead we can then help you book your flights, hotel and airport transfers.